Sunday 17 August 2014

Dear Future

Dear Future,

I don't know you yet but perhaps you know me. Although we've not met and we never will, you terrify me, you always have and I've never been as worried as I am now. I think about you all the time and wonder if you'll give me tears of joy or sadness. I wish I could see you and know what you're bringing but I know I can't.

I'm not good with surprises at the best of times but, recently, not knowing has been the hardest it's ever been. While you could bring me who I'd love to see, you could also take them away for ever.

I don't think you realise the power you hold in the secrets you keep. I don't think you understand that one moment you make could change so many emotions. You're always one step ahead, always winning the race.

You change lives and not always for the better and I hope you understand the desire I (and many others) have to see you early. To see you before you do whatever it is you're going to do. To give us a warning, to allow time to prepare, and perhaps (although I hope more than anything that there is no need) to cry.

Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment